Flash Ferrania Microlux
Dating from the 1960’s, this Microlux flash unit is full of retro charm and would have been used with any film camera with a cold-shoe with flash connector.
FILM Ferrania s.r.l. is a photographic film manufacturing company located in Ferrania (Liguria), Italy. Ferrania was founded in 1923 as a maker of photographic film, papers, and photographic equipment, including cameras. The company was purchased in 1964 by the 3M company to become Ferrania 3M, until it was spun off in 1996 to 3M’s Imation division. In 1999, Ferrania was acquired by Schroder Ventures and then spun off as a separate company. Subsequently, it was acquired by a Genoese shipping company, Gruppo Messina (Ignazio Messina & Co. S.p.A.) who ceased photographic activities in 2009.
The company was re-founded in 2013 as FILM Ferrania to build a new film manufacturing base using a small portion of the historic campus.